Thursday, March 20, 2014

Starting Double Crochet- My Version

I've been playing around with ways to start a dc row. And unless it was a standing dc when starting a new row with a new color, I couldn't seem to find anything that worked the way I wanted it to. There was still a space no matter which method I used. A few days ago I discovered this technique. I've tried to see if anyone has done this, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

My version does not leave a hole. If anything it fills in a little. And it uses that first st, instead of leaving it unworked.

Starting Double Crochet or SDC: Pull chain at beginning of row to almost as high as a dc and secure it on your hook with your thumb to keep the size of the loop, yo and pull up a loop in the first stitch, yo and pull through one loop, yo and pull through 2 loops.



1 comment: